6760 Ribe, Dänemark

The Oldest Scandinavian Town - A Very Special Place to Remember...

23 January 2017


A very special day spent in the beautiful town Ribe. 

Ribe was founded 1800 years ago which makes it the oldest town in Scandinavia (amazing). My eyes couldn't stop adoring this Danish town especially the streets, pavements, old shops and gothic corners. They are so charming in every way.




It was the whole time silent in the town that day. All you could hear were cars passing through the cobblestones streets, the pouring rain and the cold blowing wind. It is absolutely my kind of travel. Just running away from the busy lane in the city then drive the countryside and visit places that has rich cultural ambiance. I just let myself get overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the place and drench with every second of it. 




While on our way to the Old Town Hall, my eyes sighted a red carpet that I knew was waiting for me and my fiance. As we opened the door, our senses were completely captivated. It was dark and classy. The lighted candles and the fresh flowers in one corner of this dark hall made the Gothic atmosphere more cozy and romantic. This impressive Old Town Hall is more than 500 years old which lends an air of solemnity inside.


 

We were welcomed by three Danish ladies from the City Hall of Ribe. They were very welcoming and friendly. They spoke to us in German and English so good that I felt home in a Danish Town. After the SPECIAL and UNFORGETTABLE CEREMONY inside, the one lady toured us around and told us the story about the Old Town Hall. The moment that we took the stairs to the next floor, I felt that we traveled back hundred years ago in the time of Vikings age or Middle age era. My thoughts started telling me ghost and tales that I laughed myself while walking through the corridor.



After the tour, we had a nice conversation with the ladies until it was time to go... We handed them some gifts and wines for being so nice and for taking good care of us. That day was gorgeous. Ribe will always be a beautiful memory in our lives..... as a HUSBAND and WIFE. :) Yes we got married that very day.

















2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is enchanting! But your bouquet..😍 Tho I’m sure it’s not as beautiful as you that day! ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Hours Outside. Design by FCD.