Brinkum, 28816 Stuhr, Deutschland

Bright Summer Nights...

8 February 2017


"Oh, how beautiful is the summer night, which is not night, but a sunless, yet unclouded, day, descending upon earth with dews and shadows and refreshing coolness! How beautiful the long mild twilight, which, like a silver clasp, unites today with yesterday!" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


I thought of sharing some of my favorite photos i took during summer evening around the place where my husband and i live. Yes! its evening and the sun is still bright! 

Unlike in the Philippines, no matter what, the sun always goes down at 18:00. But here, you can still do sports activities outside until 22:00. But of course sunsets changes here when the cold season comes, when days are shorter and nights are longer. So during winter, it starts to get dark at 16:00 / 4 in the afternoon which is quite extraordinary for me at first coz I didn't know all about this sunrise and sunset time in Europe. Shame i know. :D I arrived in Germany during summer, I was wondering about my watch if it was working or not. It was 21:00 on my clock but the sun was shining bright outside  like there's no tomorrow. Yep! nobody told me about this "Natural Phenomenon" as i call it and it's just a very normal daytime for my husband. :D



I feel lucky that we live a bit outside from the city.  The area is very ideal for raising a family and children. All big shops (Ikea, grocery stores and outlet shopping centers) are just 5 minutes drive away. It's like on the left is the urban side and right is the nature side. We are in the middle! 

So after work, me and my husband spends our evening running and bicycling. The blue sky, cool blowing wind and Raps fields are just magnificent as ever. No vehicle's sounds, just tweeting birds and crawling snails. Truly refreshing every time!






1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Hours Outside. Design by FCD.