What is Home?

11 June 2021


What is home? My favorite definition is "a safe place," a place where one is free from attack, a place where one experiences secure relationships and affirmation. It's a place where people share and understand each other. Its relationships are nurturing. The people in it do not need to be perfect; instead, they need to be honest, loving, supportive, recognizing a common humanity that makes all of us vulnerable.

Gladys M. Hunt


    Many times i found myself daydreaming of homesteading in the wilderness on a remote mountain somewhere. Little did i know, the present where i am now is way better than what my head presented to me years ago. It was 2020 when started planning and building our own home in a beautiful German Village. 2021 on the month of March, we finally moved in to our new home by the woods. Living here is different in every positive way.

    However it was not all magical and perfect at first. This new built home is humble and beautiful. But the day we moved in, i bawled my eyes out. I thought for a second that moving here was a mistake. I thought i could never love this new place. I missed the old apartment. „How could we ever leave our first home, the vessel of our memories?“ I asked my husband many times that day, „how could we stay away from our little piece of heaven where everything started?“ That was a schorching March day. I hid myself in the corner of an empty room and cried few tears.

    The next morning while having our very first breakfast, we saw tiny colorful birds outside the window and the trees were so beautiful too. My tears have gone dry then i started noticing the beauty around.  That moment was definitely the turning point and told myself,  "this isn't bad at all".

    As days goes by, things are only getting better and better. Now that we are here, with the beauty of the forest and lovely neighbor surrounding us, we can totally say... it is definitely OUR HOME.

Dont let fear stops you from realizing your dreams.

  









Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Hours Outside. Design by FCD.