Vlog | A Quiet Time in the Forest

22 February 2020



I needed the quiet, so I drove into the woods nearby together with my little bean,

into the shadows where we could confide, away from the noise of this busy world and minds. 


What a beautiful breezy and sunny afternoon. I cannot describe how magical it is by just being here together with the trees. The silence of the forest is different. It has the kind of sounds that is rebel but also gentle, so quiet but very much full of life. All I hear is my beating heart, the old trees gentle swishing sound and the beautiful music that the birds make. But my most favourite sound of all is my baby girl’s sweet baby words. And oh… how refreshing it is in the lungs the timeless woods smell? Truly magical.


Every time I come here, I return to my true self. The melancholy slowly disappears and the cold layer around my heart gently melts away. I love winter and cold but I start not loving it when the winter blues start to kick in. How I thank the Lord, the Creator of all the beauty of this world. He created forests and everything in it so even the loneliest person in the world can go in, and there, free his mind and find his soul.





I took some bits of short clips of our afternoon in the woods and also as i drove home then compiled it into a little vlog :) My daughter and I had so much fun picking pine cones, dried twigs and fallen leaves. 🍂 She tasted some too lol 🌲

My daughter and I would like to dedicate this video to our family and friends. We hope it made you smile :)




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Hours Outside. Design by FCD.